One telephone number will connect to SurreyHeartlands Pregnancy Advice Line – 0300 123 5473.
The Advice Line will:
- Triage calls, assess any risks and signpost women to the most appropriate place for their care, providing easier access for all women to the right maternity care
- Give women 24 hour access, 7 days a week to clinical advice from qualified midwives
- Enhance links with emergency services when required for pregnancy-related health issues
- Connect women with midwives who have up-to-date information on the capacity of each maternity unit, enabling the midwives to direct pregnant women to the best place for their care or birth at any time
- Enable health professionals to get fast access to a midwife for advice or triage.
Midwives will be based in a bespoke call-centrehub at South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb) Head Office in Crawleyworking in partnership with the SECAmb team.
VickyWilliams, Head of Commissioning Acute Paediatrics and Maternity for Surrey HeartlandsCCGs, said: “The new Advice Line is a major step forward in achieving our‘Better Births’ vision to provide sustainable, high qualityhealth care for women and children; responsive and accessible to local need.”
SurreyHeartlands is one of seven early adopter sites for the Maternity TransformationProgramme across England.